Botticelli Foods Review



Botticelli Foods is a family owned company that dates back five generations. They offer a full line of fine Italian foods to bring you a full, delectable cuisine experience, including olive oils, vinegars, pastas, pasta sauces, and fire roasted sweet red peppers in addition to specialty items such as Olive Bruschetta, Italian Antipasto, and Italian tomatoes. 


Botticelli Foods was kind enough to send me a few products from their line to review, including their Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Bow Ties Pasta, and Tomato & Basil Premium Pasta Sauce so on my day off work I made my family and I a nice Italian lunch.  

Botticelli's line of pastas is all natural, containing no preservatives or artificial ingredients. They are made from 100% Italian Semolina, the heart of the wheat. They contain non-GMO ingredients. Botticelli's Extra Virgin Olive Oil is 100% high grade olive oil from Italy's lushest estates. It's derived from the natural, unprocessed oil of the first pressing of olives. Botticelli's line of homemade-style pasta sauces are made from 100% Italian tomatoes of the highest quality. Their pasta sauces are made from scratch in small batches with a special blend of spices and natural ingredients. 

While I was boiling my bow ties pasta in some Himalayan salted water, I warmed the pasta sauce and sauteed some spinach with the extra virgin olive oil and some garlic powder. When everything was finished, I served the pasta topped off with some of the spinach and pasta sauce, as well as some garlic powder, shredded Italian cheese, and grated Parmesan cheese. 


Botticelli's pasta has a very good taste. My son, who doesn't care much for any pasta sauce, enjoyed his pasta plain with only a little bit of shredded cheese on top and by the end of the day he had had three helpings of it. The extra virgin olive oil really enhanced the taste of the spinach. However, the Botticelli product that I was most impressed with was the Tomato & Basil Premium Pasta Sauce. It has an amazing authentic Italian flavor unlike any pasta sauce I've tried in the past. It is a somewhat chunky pasta sauce but the tomato chunks are very small. It has the perfect combination of spices and isn't bitter at all. It does contain a fair amount of tomato seeds so my boyfriend with a history of diverticulosis was unable to enjoy it for that reason, so like my son he enjoyed his without the sauce as well. Overall, these Botticelli products were great and I was able to enjoy a nice authentic Italian style lunch from the comfort of my own home.  

If you want to find out more about Botticelli Foods and their line products, you can connect with them below:  

No comments:

Post a Comment