Book Review: The Mustard Seed


The Mustard Seed is a novel by Peter Szondy, based on an original story by G.M. Mercier, and is an uplifting story about the overwhelming power of faith. The Mustard Seed is a story of 8-year-old Sara Hopkins who, while at White Dove Lake, claims she prayed for a dead bird, saw Jesus and he brought the bird back to life. Sara then mysteriously begins to heal others, helping a paralyzed boy walk again, a blind girl see, and even curing cancer. The people in Sara's small town of White Dove, including her own family, don't know what to make of these miracles. Does Sara really see Jesus? When Sara suddenly becomes ill, she's the one who needs the miracle. 

Within the first few pages of The Mustard Seed, I read a quote that told me how this story got its name: 


“So when the disciples asked Jesus how come they couldn’t drive out the demon themselves, he replied, ‘Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, “Move from here to there,” and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.’"

The Mustard Seed is very well written and it held my attention well. The author does a fantastic job at describing the beautiful town of White Dove and all the characters in the story. I found The Mustard Seed to be a truly inspirational story in ways I can't fully explain. I won't go into details, because the Lord knows my struggles, but I've been struggling a lot in the religious sector lately and I can't help but think that I was asked to review this book for a reason, especially once I read these lines:


"Maybe not everybody was going to see Jesus the same way. Maybe that didn't mean he wasn't there."

and

"I think Jesus comes to everyone. But we have to see him in our own way, don't we?"

I think any Christian, young or old, will love this book but it's also a great book for the non-believers out there and those of us who are caught in the middle, wanting to believe but struggling to do so for whatever reason. Just when I thought I knew what to expect, the author threw in a twist as the ending was totally unexpected. 


You can find out more about The Mustard Seed below. 


And you can order your own copy of The Mustard Seed here:  http://www.themustardseedbook.com/buy-the-book/

Disclosure:  I was given a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. No other compensation was received. 

No comments:

Post a Comment