Disclosure: I was sent this product for free in exchange for my honest review. No other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.
It is highly recommended that everyone use OraMD as a toothpaste, mouthwash, and breath freshener as part of a 5 Step Oral Hygiene Program (especially if you have oral health issues), although some people prefer to use it only as a liquid toothpaste. This 5 step program is pretty simple:
- Step 1 – Brush twice a day in the morning and evening using 2-5 drops of OraMD on a toothbrush and brush normally. Do not swallow.
- Step 2 – Floss every evening after brushing – more frequently as needed. Get any food particles out from between teeth.
- Step 3 – Use OraMD as mouthwash twice a day: morning and evening. Just put 1-2 drops into an ounce of water, swish and gargle. This is important to kill the bacteria in the entire mouth including the back of tongue.
- Step 4 – Mid-morning, mid-afternoon and as needed: put 1-2 drops on the tip of the tongue to coat the gum line and teeth to kill bacteria and keep breath fresh. Care Instructions: Avoid Eye Contact, Do not swallow, Do not use while pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Step 5 – Follow the oral hygiene instructions provided by your dentist and hygienist, and have regular dental cleanings and checkups.
My son is 15 years old and I have noticed for quite a while now that he has had terribly bad breath for some reason, despite me making sure he brushes his teeth at least once daily, flosses occasionally, and visits the dentist regularly for cleanings. His bad breath could be due to the fact that he wears braces and just doesn't take care of his teeth as good as he should. Like I said, I try to make sure he brushes at least once a day and flosses occasionally but sometimes as a parent (especially to a teenager) you just have to pick your battles.
I cannot coax my son to follow OraMD's 5 Step Oral Hygiene Program, however, he will use it as a liquid toothpaste and I'm okay with that, especially since I noticed he had fresher breath after the first use. He uses it to brush twice a day, once in the morning and once before bed. It said it was pretty potent for the first several uses but he eventually got used to that. Prior to using OraMD, he had extremely bad breath that was noticeable from several feet away, and since he's been using OraMD his breath is always minty fresh, probably because OraMD has interdental access so it gets in between your teeth and those hard to clean areas. I was absolutely stunned by the results, that just a few drops of OraMD were able to alleviate a problem that has been going on for such a long time. We recently ate dinner at Long John Silvers and of course had fish and afterwards I had that awful fish taste in my mouth. I decided to give OraMD a try and just put a couple of drops on my tongue and I was amazed that it killed the awful fish taste in my mouth immediately, leaving me with a fresh, clean feeling mouth. Once again, I was stunned by the results.
Like I said, I'm okay with my son only using OraMD as a toothpaste. It's still very effective and it's what works best for him and when used as a toothpaste only, one bottle of OraMD will last about 100 days. Here's the breakdown of the cost of using OraMD as a toothpaste versus other brands (pricing based on OraMD Starter Pack - 3 bottles):
OraMD is sold by Trusted Health Products and you can stay connected with them by visiting their website, liking Trusted Health Products on Facebook, and you can also follow them on Twitter.
Attention product review readers! For a limited time, the manufacturer is willing to offer my readers one FREE bottle. They said they would love to have my readers try out OraMD and agreed to send one bottle FREE if my readers would pay a minimal shipping and handling charge. This is a one-time only offer! They also agreed to include 2 eye-opening reports called 1) “The 6 Hidden Dangers In Toothpaste” and 2) “Why The FDA Requires A Warning Label On Your Toothpaste.” That’s a total value of over $40.00. Click here to get your FREE bottle and FREE reports now.
Three (3) Precisely Mine readers will win a bottle of OraMD. The giveaway is available for U.S., Canada, Europe and Australia only!a Rafflecopter giveaway