Review of Merrick Backcountry Grain Free Hearty Chicken Thigh Stew Canned Dog Food

Disclosure:  I was sent this product for free in exchange for my honest review. No other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.


Chewy.com recently sent my two dogs, Tyson and Crook, a case of Merrick Backcountry Grain Free Hearty Chicken Thigh Stew Canned Dog Food to try. By nature, dogs crave a diet rich in protein and Merrick Backcountry dog foods just happen to be packed with protein. Their stews offer a taste variety from blends of exotic protein, fresh cut vegetables, and hearty gravy. The Merrick Backcountry Grain Free Hearty Chicken Thigh Stew Canned Dog Food is of course grain free but it's also gluten free. In addition, it contains no corn, wheat, or soy. There are also added vitamins and minerals such as vitamin E supplement, vitamin B12 supplement, vitamin A supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, niacin, biotin, and thiamine. And if all this wasn't enough already, it's made in the USA. 



I appreciate the fact that no can opener is required to open the cans, which makes it more convenient for me. It looks pretty tasty and has a very nice home cooked aroma to it. Some of the ingredients include real chicken thigh in addition to sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, rosemary, sage, thyme, and more with an ample amount of gravy. The chicken thigh contains a bone and at first you might not like the idea of this, especially if you don't allow your dog to have bones, but due to the special slow cooking process this bone is actually soft and safe for your dog to eat. Every can that I have given my dogs has contained at least one chicken thigh. My dogs seem to really love the Merrick Backcountry Grain Free Hearty Chicken Thigh Stew Canned Dog Food and they seem to digest it well. You can tell that Merrick has a real love for pets and definitely has their well-being in mind and as a pet owner I'm proud to feed 'my boys' Merrick Backcountry Grain Free canned dog food




Merrick Backcountry Grain Free canned dog food and other Merrick pet products are available at Chewy.com.

Stay Connected with Chewy.com

1 comment:

  1. I love feeding Merrick's Backcountry because it makes me feel like I'm giving my pups a hearty chicken stew! So glad you enjoyed it. =)

    ReplyDelete