Review of Angie's Boomchickapop Snacks



The Boomchickapop story is nothing short of fantastical. It all started in 2001 in Dan and Angie Bastian's Minnesota garage when they wanted to do something fun with their kids while showing them the value of hard work. The dedicated Spanish teacher and nurse practitioner soon turned their classic Sweet & Salty kettle corn recipe from a local sensation into a booming business, which now includes Boomchickabites and Boomchickapuffs. Angie's Boomchickapop is a better-for-you snack with simple ingredients. They are certified gluten-free and use non-GMO ingredients in all their products. 


Angie's Boomchickapop generously donated some snacks for the National Medical Transcription Week 2015 gift bags I'm making, which you'll hear more about in May, but for now I do want to tell you about the Sweet Barbecue Boomchickapuffs that I tried. Boomchickapuffs are baked ancient-grain puffs made with non-GMO corn, quinoa, and sorghum. With Boomchickapuffs, you get the perfect sized snack, not too big or too small, but with a nice, big crunch. I don't know about you, but I like my puffs a little crunchy. This is the first time I've tried a barbecue flavored puff and I was very impressed with the delicious sweet and tangy barbecue taste, as was my boyfriend who helped me eat the bag. Some barbecue flavors just aren't done right and leave a bad aftertaste but that wasn't the case with these at all. Boomchickapuffs also come in White Cheddar and Sweet & Salty flavors. 

If you can't find Boomchickapop products in a store near you, you can purchase them online. Have you ever tried any of these snacks before? What did you think? If not, which snack would you try first?

Stay Connected with Angie's

1 comment:

  1. I buy ancient grain treats for myself at Whole Foods. I have got to look for the Boom Chicka Pop.

    ReplyDelete