Get Your Pain Relief at Boots.com

*Disclosure:  I received free samples of Deep Heat Heating Patches, Deep Freeze Cold Patches, and Regenovex Gel for review purposes only. No other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.*

For years I have struggled with neck and shoulder pain so I often use a heating pad, ice packs, patches, and creams for relief. I prefer these methods over taking medications. Boots.com offers a variety of pain relief products and I was recently provided with a few free samples to review.


The Deep Heat Heating Patch is an odorless patch that can be placed directly on the skin at the site of pain to provide an effective non-medicinal alternative to rubs and sprays. They effectively provide pain relief of muscle aches and pains, joint stiffness, backaches, strains and sprains for up to 8 hours. When the package is opened, the air activates a heat generating reaction that produces a warming effect when the self-adhesive patch is applied to the skin. I've used heating patches in the past but this is the first time I've ever used the Deep Heat brand. Sometimes I just don't want to mess with pain relief creams and while I have a heating pad that I love, sometimes it's simply not as convenient as wearing a patch. I applied a Deep Heat Patch to my neck/shoulder region where I was having some pain recently. I had just showered so my skin was clean and dry and it adhered to my skin extremely well and stayed in place perfectly for the hour that I wore it. It was easy to apply. Even when walking and performing normal activities it didn't come off. It took about 10 minutes for the patch to heat up. It did get warm but just barely. I kept hoping it would get at least a little bit warmer but it never did. My boyfriend felt the patch though and thought that it was plenty warm enough but I had to disagree. It never did really get warm enough to relax me and provide any pain relief so I took it off after an hour. It pulled on my skin slightly when removing it but I'd rather it do that than have it come off and have to be reapplied every few minutes. Overall, I wasn't very impressed with the Deep Heat Heating Patch as I wish it would have gotten warmer and I didn't notice any pain relief. They also make a Deep Heat Patch for back pain, which is twice the size. 



The Deep Freeze Cold Patch is a drug-free cooling therapy for relief from the pain of strains, sprains, and knocks to muscles and joints. It works like ice by cooling the affected or swollen area. Prompt cooling has been shown to effectively reduce pain and may help in the healing of minor muscle and joint injuries. Cooling therapy can also be used to soothe tense, tired, or sore muscles and joints. Deep Freeze Patch is convenient and easy to use is placed directly onto the skin and can be used under clothing. The cooling effect of the Deep Freeze Cold Patch can last up to 3 hours. I've never used a cooking patch before. I decided to apply a Deep Freeze Cold Patch to my neck after I twisted it the wrong way while I was at work, causing me some pain. This happens frequently and it is definitely bothersome. Several hours had gone by after hurting my neck before I could get home and apply one of these patches though. The patch was easy to apply and I felt the cooling relief immediately and my neck pain actually eased up a bit. There was only a very slight scent to the patch but that was no problem for me at all. This patch however was very difficult to keep on my neck and I had to sit very still when wearing it because it started to fall off even with the slightest movement. I did wear it for around an hour and a half and I felt that it provided adequate pain relief and continued to do so even after the patch was removed as my neck pain was less intense afterwards. Overall, I was impressed with the amount of pain relief that the Deep Freeze Cold Patch gave me but I was annoyed that it didn't stick very well. 




Regenovex is part of a range of joint care products and is made of a technologically advanced formula that is extremely unique with two very high quality, natural, active ingredients, Bionovex oil and high grade hyaluronic acid. Bionovex oil is a special green lipped mussel sourced exclusively from the fresh coast of New Zealand and it has an inflammatory effect as it is rich in ETA (up to 40 times more powerful than other green lipped muscle extracts due to the source and production of it). High grade hyaluronic acid is a long chain natural polymer molecule which is essential for maintaining the cartilage in the joint and a key component of synovial fluid, which protects and lubricates the joints. Regenovex is for all joints, including the knees, shoulders, and hips and it is suitable for daily use. The Regenovex Gel was easy to obtain from the pump and was easy to apply. It is yellowish in color with only a slight scent that isn't bad at all. It is non-greasy and absorbs easily. My hands do not feel grimy after applying this gel. I thought the Regenovex Gel was wonderful. It started working right away and eased my neck and shoulder pain. The relief lasted for around 30-45 minutes. The pump is small enough that I can carry this in my purse and I definitely do. I bring it to work with me frequently and leave it on my desk so it's there when I need it. Overall, I was extremely impressed with Regenovex.  

The Regenovex Gel, Deep Heat Heating Patches, and Deep Freeze Cold Patches can be purchased online at Boots.com. You'll also find other great products at Boots.com such as fragrances, beauty supplies, toiletries, toys, gifts, and more. You can sign up to receive Boots emails for access to beauty tips, health and parenting advice, special offers, hot deals, and much more.

Connect with Boots.com

2 comments:

  1. These sound great. My hubby gets all kinds of aches and pains now. I'm usually helping him put salves on but I hate the smell of those things. This would be a lot better

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have TMJD, which equals a ton of headaches and jaw pain, and sometimes I get gallstones, which these are supposed to help. So thanks for sharing! and
    heating pads
    also very helpful for pain.

    ReplyDelete