- 6-8 jumbo potatoes
- 3-4 cans of chicken broth
- 4 carrots
- 4 pieces of celery
- Half an onion
- Package of bacon
- 16 ounce container of sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Green onion for garnish (optional)
This is a hearty potato soup recipe that is delicious every time and will have everyone going back for seconds.
1. Peel and dice potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion, rinse, and add to your pot.
2. Add chicken broth until it covers the vegetables. Season with desired amount of salt and pepper.
3. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and cook on medium heat for approximately an hour, stirring occasionally.
4. While soup is cooking, fry bacon to desired amount of crispness, place on paper towel to cool, and then crumble.
5. After cooking for soup for approximately an hour, add container of sour cream, half of the crumbled bacon, and desired amount of shredded cheese.
6. Cook soup for an additional 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Place in bowls and top with the leftover bacon and shredded cheese and green onion if desired.