Check Out My Newest GIANTmicrobes Plush Dolls, Breast Cancer and Candida

*Disclosure:  I received free Breast Cancer and Candida plush dolls from GIANTmicrobes in order to perform this review. However, no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own. 

If you don't know by now, I'm a big fan of GIANTmicrobes plush dolls. I love decorating my cubicle with them and with me being a medical transcriptionist they are a perfect fit for my office. GIANTmicrobes was kind enough to send me two more plush dolls for review, Breast Cancer and Candida.



Did you know that breast cancer (or malignant neoplasm) affects 1 in every 8 women. Isn't that shocking....and scary? Luckily, early detection with self-examination and regular checkups can help ensure the best outcome. The Breast Cancer plush doll is a good reminder to schedule annual health exams, including mammograms. You could give this plush doll to your co-workers, friends, family, or total strangers (males included) to remind them to make an appointment for a breast cancer screening. This GIANTmicrobes plush is unique in that it starts off as an ugly malignant neoplasm with scary eyes and a scowl but can be easily flipped inside out where it is cured, thereby turning into a healthy cell with bright eyes and a smile. This plush does also wear a pink breast cancer awareness ribbon, but it is on the ugly side. I do wish the ribbon was on the healthy side of the plush though because I don't want to see the ugly side of cancer in any form so I display mine as a healthy cell. The plush is of good quality. Giantmicrobes, Inc. is also donating a portion of proceeds from the sale of GIANTmicrobes Breast Cancer to breast cancer research.


I bet most of you didn't know that Candida (Candida albicans) is the most common infectious fungus and is responsible for oral thrush, skin rashes, and even systemic candidiasis. Candida albicans happens to live peaceably in over 80% of the population but from time to time develops territorial ambitions and transforms from a passive unicellular organism into an aggressive multi-cellular filamentous form. These infections exhibit a distinctive whitish color. Except in extreme cases, Candida albicans infections are not dangerous and often self-resolve. The Candida albicans plush doll is white and represents the fungus pretty well. It is of good quality. As cute as this plush may be, I don't want anything like this in my body. However, a variety of treatments from home remedies and topical creams to prescriptive medication are available to treat Candida. I actually have a good blogging buddy name Terry over at My Journey With Candida Blog who has had Candida in the past and there is tons of information about Candida on her blog.


Both of these GIANTmicrobes plush dolls are a great addition to my office decor and my co-workers really enjoyed them as well. Where would you keep your plush or do you know anyone that would love to have one of these? They make great gifts! And with graduation time approaching, the Graduation Brain Cell would make a great gift also. Also, April happens to be STD Awareness Month and they have plushes for that also. These would make great educational tools.

Connect with GIANTmicrobes

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Angie for the blog love!!! I had no idea there was a candida plush doll. Who would have thought!!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These plush dolls would be good for a co-worker that I know. I think that she would put them on her bookshelf with other gifts from friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These dolls are adorable in a gross kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Debi. I also think they are slightly gross but LOVE to see what they come up with next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These plush dolls look adorable and creepy in a good way:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are sort of cute but it's great they help educate. I only heard about candida through Terry's blog as well.

    ReplyDelete