Sharpie Premium Pen and Neon and Metallic Marker Review

**Disclosure:  I received the below Sharpie products for free from Shoplet.com as a member of the Shoplet Product Review Program. However, no other compensation was received. I was not influenced in any way and all opinions expressed are my own.**

Originally founded in 1857 by Frederick W. Redington and William H. Sanford, Jr., the Sanford Manufacturing Company originally focused on producing and selling ink and glue and in 1940 the company changed its name to Sanford Ink Company. In 1964, the company turned its focus to the emerging marker business and introduced the Sharpie marker, the first pen-style permanent marker that would not only write on paper but almost any surface, including glass, wood, stone, plastic, and metal. Today, Sharpie stands for far more than just markers. It's the brand that stands up for self-expression and Sharpie is all about letting you be heard, putting you at the center of your world, helping you express yourself passionately. When you start with Sharpie, you never know where you’ll end up. That’s the wonder of creating something and Sharpie will continue to help you bring out what’s inside yourself and share it with the world.


I've always been a big fan of the Sharpie brand.You'll find Sharpie markers at both my home and my office and now that I know about the Sharpie Premium Pen, you'll also find the Sharpie brand in my purse. The Sharpie Premium Pen is a sleek pen that delivers clean and concise lines that are permanent and smear-resistant. I love the way it writes. It tends to bleed through the paper if I press down really hard but only vaguely (not enough to bother me in the slightest). Don't be fooled by it's looks though because this pen isn't cumbersome at all and is actually pretty lightweight. It includes a grip which offers a comfortable and enjoyable writing experience. The cap secures nicely. You can't see a visible ink level but this Sharpie pen is refillable so this is one pen you can get permanently attached to. This is a functional pen and is great for taking notes, writing checks, or even doodling. 

Doodle done with the Sharpie Premium Pen

Sharpie also makes a metallic permanent marker. The Sharpie Metallic Fine Point Permanent Marker is designed to provide brilliant sheen on both light and dark surfaces. It works on most hard to mark surfaces with a precision fine point. The alcohol-based ink formula is quick drying, fade and water resistant, and certified AP nontoxic. The metallic permanent markers come in a pack of two, one silver and one gold. They write smoothly and look absolutely dazzling, but the odor is very strong right away. They remind me very much of a paint pen. You definitely could not use these for a detailed project from beginning to end without having to take a break once in a while and put the cap back on and/or step away. The Sharpie metallic permanent markers definitely stand out and would be perfect for projects or making signs that you want noticed.

A little blog promotion using Sharpie Metallic Fine Point Permanent Markers
Sharpie's new Neon Permanent Markers are very, very cool. They come in a pack of five brilliant, vivid colors, including neon blue, neon green, neon orange, neon pink, and neon yellow. They are great for use on paper, plastic, glass, wood, and even leather. The ink is water, smear, and fade resistant. They are AP certified nontoxic. If there was any odor at all, it was only very slight and I didn't notice it. But the very best feature of these neon permanent markers is that their marks fluoresce under black light. I would have gone crazy with these if I had them as a teenager because I had a black light in my room and several posters and decorations that were black light receptive. Just think, I could have made my own personalized signs and drawings. My step daughter has a black light in her room and the marks that these markers make do indeed fluoresce with the black light, although the closer to the black light the easier they are to see. Of course a picture was next to impossible because the only thing that can be seen in the picture is the black light. These are some very cool markers without a doubt. They would be perfect for any project that you were working on where you wanted to use bold, vibrant colors but they would especially be perfect for making signs for events where a black light was going to be used.


Shoplet.com also sent me a pair of Sharpie wayfarer sunglasses (which are my favorite style by the way) that I could design using the metallic and neon permanent markers. I'm not an extremely creative person but I released my inner teenager and added a little bit of my own personality to these sunglasses. It was super easy and super fun! 

Shoplet.com is the first place I check when I'm looking for office supplies or promotional products. Shoplet.com is where you want to go for all your office supply and office stationary needs and more. You'll also find a vast supply of promotional products at Shoplet.com, including top promotional products under $1.00 and promotional shirts, all of which can be personalized for your business needs.

1 comment:

  1. I want a couple of these sharpies. I like the metalic look on the black paper.

    ReplyDelete