Review of Ozeri CardioTech Digital Blood Pressure Monitor

**Disclosure: I received an Ozeri CardioTech Pro Series BP5K Digital Blood Pressure Monitor with Voice-Guided Operation & Intelligent Hypertension Indicator for free in order to write this review. However, no other compensation was received and all opinions expressed are my own.**

As I've gotten older, I've realized that medical problems tend sneak up on you what seems like overnight. One day you feel perfectly fine and then the next thing you know you're being diagnosed with high blood pressure at your next doctor's visit. This was the case for my boyfriend about 2 years ago. He had been having some stomach issues so he was visiting his doctor frequently and each time his blood pressure was reading on the higher side. He was subsequently started on blood pressure medication, which caused a lot of adverse side effects, so he decided to go off his medication and just monitor his blood pressure at home so it was pertinent that we find a good blood pressure monitor. We were able to find a manual blood pressure monitor but we weren't exactly sure we were using it correctly and therefore weren't sure the results were as accurate as they should be. I was recently given the opportunity to review an Ozeri CardioTech Pro Series BP5K Digital Blood Pressure Monitor with Voice-Guided Operation & Intelligent Hypertension Indicator and I definitely wasn't going to pass up the opportunity.



The Ozeri CardioTech BP5K Blood Pressure Monitor uses two AAA batteries (which are included). I found it easy to set up and easy to use as the included user manual was very easy to follow. It fits on both smaller and larger wrists comfortably and securely. I like that it starts working automatically once your wrist is in proper position and doesn't require any manual pumping on my part. My favorite feature is the intelligent voice-guided feature that alerts you to the proper positioning of your wrist for accurate blood pressure measurements. It tells you if your wrist is too high or too low and lets you know when positioning is ideal. You can adjust the volume or you can turn this function off but I like having it on to ensure that I'm getting an accurate reading. She (the voice) does have a bit of an accent though but I was still able to understand her just fine. In addition to displaying your blood pressure (and heart rate) results on an LCD screen, which is easy to read, the audible voice also automatically provides a hypertension assessment after each measurement and lets you know if your reading is normal or suggests hypertension (according to World Health Organization hypertension guidelines). It. will also automatically detect an irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia). The Ozeri CardioTech Blood Pressure Monitor stores up to 180 blood pressure readers with date and time memory recall (90 readings x 2 users). This blood pressure monitor comes with a durable carrying case making it portable and it easily fits into my purse. I did find that the cuff should be stored on it's side in the case because if not when closing the lid it sometimes will hit the power button and come on automatically.

So far, the Ozeri CardioTech Blood Pressure Monitor has let me know that my blood pressure and pulse are running on the higher side. Luckily though, I have this great new blood pressure monitor so that I can keep track of my readings and talk about it with my doctor at my next appointment. I definitely trust the results because CardioTech products offer clinically proven technology and are used by physicians and hospitals around the world. The Ozeri CardioTech Blood Pressure Monitor is also backed by a 5 year warranty. This is a must have product to keep around so that you can monitor your blood pressure whenever you want right from the comfort of your own home. 

3 comments:

  1. We have this and my Hubs really likes it for just keeping check on his blood pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My blood pressure likes to scare the dickens out of people at random so I check mine daily. It's been under control for a while but it was so high at one point I was hospitalized and it got even higher because they took my phone away and they actually brought my phone back int he room and said I could hold it but I couldn't turn it on and it lowered the pressure a bit. Talk about tech issues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an Ozeri blood pressure cuff, not this one but a different one and I love it. This one looks like it would be easy to take with you. I like that it detects irregular heart rithyms

    ReplyDelete