Review of 10" Stainless Steel Earth Pan by Ozeri

**Disclosure:  I received a 10" Stainless Steel Earth Pan by Ozeri free for review purposes. No other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own and I was not influenced in any way. I was not asked to give a positive review.**


The 10" Stainless Steel Earth Pan by Ozeri is an eco-friendly pan and the world's first stainless steel frying pan to achieve non-stick perfection without using PFOA (PerFluoroOctanoic Acid), which is a harmful chemical often found in traditional cookware, which the EPA has classified as a persistent pollutant of the environment and once ingested it is capable of remaining in people for a very long time and has shown to cause developmental and other adverse effects in laboratory animals. It features ETERNA, which is a safe and durable non-stick coating developed in the USA. It is made of the highest quality 18/8 stainless steel with TriPly construction, allowing even cooking and browning without hot spots. It has a polished mirror exterior. Its scratch-resistant coating allows for easy cleaning. It's heat-resistant stainless steel handle is reinforced to the pan with three solid rivets. The Stainless Steel Earth Pan Earth Pan allows you to saute, fry, bake, boil, and braise with as little as half the amount of oil normally used.

I love cooking and baking and you can never go wrong when buying me cookware or bakeware. Since having the 10" Stainless Steel Earth Pan by Ozeri, I've used it many times. I especially love using it to saute vegetables. It takes very little oil or butter, my vegetables do not stick, and they are done in no time. I also used it to fry leftover ham and turkey from Christmas dinner using no oils or grease of any kind and it fried the meat perfectly, quickly, and nothing stuck to the pan. There's nothing quite like a leftover turkey sandwich with a slice of American cheese and Miracle Whip. Each time cleanup was a breeze and basically one swipe with a dish rag did the trick. Most recently I made pork chops with gravy together in my Stainless Steel Earth Pan. I normally bake my pork chops using pan lining paper so as to avoid any stuck on messes but I thought I'd try frying a couple using my new pan. Cooking pork chops with gravy was just something I was playing around with just to try something new and I really wasn't sure they would cook properly with the gravy in the pan as well but they did. They fried up perfectly and evenly in around 15 minutes or so. I can never seem to make a good gravy and it's usually too thick in consistency and ends up being a pain to clean out of the pan, which was the case this time as well. However, this time it did not stick to the pan at all as it normally would have and the leftovers were actually very easy to scrape out and cleanup was again a breeze and required no scrubbing whatsoever on my part. 

This Stainless Steel Earth Pan is very sleek looking and seems extremely durable. After multiple uses, it still looks good as new. I feel confident using it knowing that it doesn't contain any harmful chemicals. I have enough things to worry about and using my cookware to cook meals for the people that I love the most shouldn't have to be one of them. I'm also confident that this Stainless Steel Earth Pan is going to be a part of my kitchen for many, many years to come. 

What is the first thing you'd make in the Stainless Steel Earth Pan? I'll definitely be making pancakes in it next.

Update 1/28/14:  I finally got around to making some pancakes in this pan and I was very, very impressed. Although this pan is only big enough to make one good sized pancake at a time, it cooks them extremely fast and they turn out perfectly and are nice and fluffy. It also cooks eggs extremely fast and I used only very minimal oil when cooking them.    

3 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to try this pan. I love the fact there are no harsh chemicals in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one frying pan I'd just love to replaced. I like the look of this one. Looks about the same size as the one I want to replaced too. Nice to hear how easy it is to clean

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking at this kind of pan/skillet for awhile. I think I need to break down and buy it for myself! :)

    ReplyDelete