If You're a Fan of A Christmas Story...

Ever since I can remember, I've always been a huge fan of the holiday movie A Christmas Story. I can't wait for the 24-hour marathon every year. My local cinema even played it last year and I just had to go. Anyway, in 2012 I saw A Christmas Story 2 on store shelves and you'd think I would be ecstatic but I wasn't...I was appalled. I couldn't believe that a "sequel" would be made almost 30 years after the original but yet here it was. I didn't think it could live up to the original. I thought it would just be a cheese ball of a movie. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I saw that it was playing on television so I recorded it on my DVR so I could watch it just out of curiosity. A Christmas Story 2 continues 5 years later with Ralphie, Randy, mom, and the Old Man. Instead of having his eye on a Red Ryder BB gun, Ralphie, who is now almost 16, has his eye on a car. Trouble soon follows though and Ralphie finds himself in a pickle.


I was pleasantly surprised by how well I actually liked A Christmas Story 2. Sure the cast was different but it definitely carried the same holiday spirit as the original. It's a cute, funny, and festive movie. I was hoping for a cameo by one of the original cast members but that never happened that I'm aware of. I definitely recommend picking up this movie on DVD this holiday season. It doesn't hold the same place in my heart as the original A Christmas Story but it's sure a great movie to add to the mix.

Have you seen A Christmas Story or A Christmas Story 2? What are some of your favorite holiday movies? 

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know there was A Christmas Story 2. I am watching Christmas shows every night. Going to try to find this one.

    ReplyDelete