Review of PaperlessKitchen SKOY Biodegradable Cloths



I try to live the greenest lifestyle that I can. I do my best at conserving energy and water, I reuse things when possible, and I recycle. I also try to buy eco-friendly products when I can. One thing my family seems to go through a lot of though is paper towels. We use paper towels for various things but mainly to clean things around the house, especially around dinnertime. I just feel so wasteful each time I use a paper towel and then toss it in the trash afterwards but PaperlessKitchen's number one priority is to make it simple for you to "green" your kitchen by helping individuals, households, businesses and organizations adopt greener lifestyles and philosophies by offering alternatives to kitchen paper products. PaperlessKitchen deals exclusively in products meant to replace paper towels, synthetic nylon scrubbers, paper napkins and similar items used to clean and maintain the kitchen. By choosing reusable and sustainable products, you help protect forests, reduce landfill waste, and you reduce your overall environmental footprint.


One innovative product that can be found at PaperlessKitchen is SKOY cleaning cloths, which are an eco-friendly alternative to cleaning with paper towels, sponges, etc. SKOY cloths can be used for any task that a paper towel can handle and have an absorption factor of 15 times its own weight but they dry quickly so they are not a breeding ground for bacteria. They are extremely durable and are dishwasher and washer/dryer safe. In addition, SKOY cleaning cloths are compostable and 100% biodegradable. Unlike single use paper towels, SKOY cloth can be reused again and again. Just one SKOY cloth is the equivalent to 15 rolls of paper towels and no that is not a typo. SKOY cloths are not made like paper towels are from the wood pulp that comes from trees and contributes to deforestation. Instead, SKOY cloths are made from natural cotton and wood-based cellulose pulp derived from sustainable plants. They are chlorine-free, unbleached, and non-GMO and use toxin free water-based colors and inks in each of their striking designs. SKOY cloths are not only a smarter choice for the well-being of the planet but for your budget as well. When a SKOY cloth is finally ready to be thrown away, you can do so without guilt because they are 100% biodegradable and decompose completely within just 5 weeks.


What were my thoughts when I received some SKOY cloths in the mail courtesy of PaperlessKitchen....well I initially thought that there was no way these cloths were going to clean anything. I thought for sure that the moment they got wet they'd fall apart leaving me with a bigger mess to clean up. They just didn't look durable at all. They sort of feel like stiff, thicker cardboard when they are dry and when they are wet they feel like a handful of thick, wet paper towels and they are very pliable. Boy was I wrong about SKOY clothes though. SKOY cloths keep my kitchen counters, appliances, table, etc. clean. SKOY cloths are super absorbent. When doing dishes, water always ends up on my kitchen counters and while my dishcloth just moves the water mess around and leaves streaks behind, the SKOY cloths absorbs the water right away, leaving my counters clean and streak free. The SKOY cloths also wipe up food messes without problems. I usually clean my mirrors in my house with paper towels so I tried cleaning them with a SKOY cloth but it left them somewhat streaky. It dries a lot quicker than a dishcloth. When I felt my SKOY cloth was dirty enough, I threw it in my washer followed by the dryer with my other laundry. To my amazement, washing and drying it didn't ruin it, however, it still looked pretty dingy afterwards but that isn't that big of a deal to me. As long as the germs are gone, I don't mind a little staining.

Connect with PaperlessKitchen
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

3 comments:

  1. I try to be as green as possible so I do reuse when I can. What a great idea these cloths are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had won some skoy clothes a couple years ago and I still have a couple of them. They're a little worse for wear now but they do their job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh would love to try these, my house seems to fly through paper towels even though we also use regular cloth towels and it breaks my heart!

    ReplyDelete