Review of Mooney Farms Bella Sun Luci Bruschetta and Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil & Herbs


Located in Northern California, Mooney Farms began in 1987 as a family owned and operated kiwi farming operation with products being sold at local farmer’s markets. The addition of sun dried tomatoes, the Bella Sun Luci line, changed everything with their Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil & Herbs selling out in a record 4 hours. Since that time, sun dried tomatoes have become mainstream with Mooney Farms being the largest producer of sun dried tomatoes in the U.S. I was recently given the opportunity to review jars of both the Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil & Herbs (Julienne Cut), as well as the Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Bruschetta.  

Bella Sun Luci's authentic bruschetta originates from an authentic family recipe that combines sun ripened tomatoes, fresh basil, premium olive oil, and Italian herbs to create a truly homemade flavor. The most traditional way use the Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Bruschetta is to toast your favorite bread and spread the bruschetta directly on top for a simple and delicious appetizer. However, the bruschetta is versatile allowing you be be creative. It can be stirred into your favorite cooked pasta, used as a sauce on your gourmet pizza, or on your next Panini or wrap for added flavor. The possibilities are endless. When I first opened up the jar I thought it smelled amazing. I could definitely smell all the different herbs and spices, especially the parmesan. I first spread a little bruschetta on some tortilla chips and I was blown away by the spectacular taste. It had such an authentic Italian flavor. I have kids so I find myself making macaroni and cheese for dinner a lot but I'll be the first person to tell you that it does get old so the next time I made it I mixed in some Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Bruschetta. I found that it was really a nice addition to my macaroni and cheese and it really kicked it up a couple of notches. I felt like I was no longer eating boring macaroni and cheese that I made in my kitchen but I was eating an Italian version cooked at a bona fide Italian restaurant.

Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil & Herbs (Julienne Cut) combines sun dried Roma tomatoes, olive oil (pure olive oil and extra virgin olive oil), garlic, herbs, and spices. They are a tad bit tart when eaten by themselves but they otherwise have a great flavor and are perfectly seasoned. I was making chicken recently and wanted something more than a boring piece of chicken on my plate so decided I'd top it with some Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil & Herbs. I heated them in a pan on the stove top along with some mushrooms. The olive oil from the sun dried tomatoes spread to the mushrooms giving them a very nice flavor as well. When heated and eaten with the chicken, the Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil & Herbs were not as tart and they were a very nice addition. I'll definitely be adding Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil & Herbs to my plate more often. 

There are many great recipes using Bella Sun Luci products over on the Mooney Farms website. The Sun Dried Tomato and Shrimp Pasta with Artichokes & Mushrooms recipe sounds divine, which is probably why it was a winner in Mooney Farms recipe contest in 2012. You can also purchase gift baskets on the Mooney Farms website. I like the Dinner for Two gift basket which includes a classic colander lined with festive napkin and filled with delectable gourmet products including Bella Sun Luci Tomato Artichoke Pasta Sauce, Imported Italian Pasta, California Extra Virgin Olive Oil and dipping spice, Freshly roasted espresso, Dulcetto Chocolate Pastry, Sun Dried Tomatoes, and a wooden pasta fork.

Create a Winning Recipe
Mooney Farms is currently having a recipe contest where the winner will be awarded $2500. You can find more information about that contest here:
Connect with Mooney Farms
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. My Hubs being Italian.. would totally love this. I have made Bruschetta from scratch before, but this would sure be a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete