Affordable Christmas Baskets You Can Make Yourself

Lately I've been reading a blog called Slap Dash Mom and Sadie recently did a great post that I wanted to share with my readers as well. Sadie's post is called How to Afford Christmas When You Can't Afford Christmas (Part 1) where she gave her readers ideas on how to make themed baskets perfect for Christmas gift giving, with most of them costing $20 or less. I think this is what I'm going to do for Christmas this year. By doing this, you can give a gift that is more personalized and from the heart. My favorite basket idea is the Sundae Basket which includes sundae toppings such as sprinkles, chocolate, caramel, etc., bowls, and an ice cream scoop. This would be perfect for my boyfriend's dad who is an ice cream lover. I could even throw in a $5 Kroger gift card so he could buy himself some ice cream. I have tons of ideas running through my head right now thinking of the perfect gift basket I could put together for each person on my list this year. Sadie's post has really given me lots of ideas. You should definitely check out her post for some ideas of your own. You can find that post here:  http://slapdashmom.com/how-to-afford-christmas/. I see this post is titled Part 1 so I'm excited there will be another post full of more great ideas.

3 comments:

  1. That sundae basket sounds like a great idea for a gift. I like giving baskets as gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been at my wits end trying to figure out what to get everyone this year. I'm telling Ryan we need to get a family portrait done and just frame it and give it to everyone but I like the idea of a gift basket, maybe I can pull something like that together. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to do this more often. I did one year make my dad a gift basket. He's so hard to buy for. I knew he liked chocolate covered cherries so I found a chocolate covered cherry wine, the candies themselves, and a chocolate covered cherry scented candle and arranged it in a basket along with a gift card.

    ReplyDelete