A Week Off Does The Body and Mind Good

I took all last week off from work and blogging and only answered the occasional email. Our initial plan was to go on an actual vacation but that will have to wait until later in the year (hopefully). We did do a few fun things though. 

On Monday, I took my kids and my niece to our local theater to see Monsters University. It was a super cute and fun movie and I'm glad we went to see it together. My teenagers had been wanting to watch it since they first heard about it. I think they were so excited because when Monsters, Inc. first came out they were only 2 and 5 so they definitely wanted to see this one as well. It's not very often that I get to do these types of things with just them and me and since I love cartoons myself, I was happy to take them. Plus, it was only $3.50 a ticket!

On Wednesday, I visited my new orthopedic physician who injected some steroids (for the first time) into the acromioclavicular joint of my right shoulder. I've been having shoulder pain for years. I've gone through chiropractic care and physical therapy and I've used pain gel, all to no avail. I was nervous because everyone said these types of shots hurt but it went in okay and didn't hurt any worse than a bee sting and it only took around a minute. Anyway, the doctor said it could take up to a week for the steroids to fully kick in and I'm still waiting. I haven't really noticed any difference in my level of pain and discomfort as of yet.  

On Thursday we took our kids fishing locally. We saw lots of ducks and geese and even a lizard and a turtle but only one fish. My son caught the only fish of the day and it was just barely 2 inches long but he was super proud of it. Lucky for us the weather was nice. It wasn't as hot and muggy as it had been and we missed the rain. We actually had plenty of shade and the occasional breeze so I was a happy fisherman even though I didn't even get a bite. 

This past Saturday, since my son was staying with my parents and my stepdaughter was staying with her mom, my man and I went shopping and ate at a new place. We had to travel about an hour away but we got to shop at a few places we normally don't get to, including Ollie's Bargain Outlet, Menards, and Hobby Lobby, where I found some magnets I'd been looking for to complete some crafts I've been working on. We also tried a new restaurant. We ate at Tumbleweed Tex Mex Grill & Margarita Bar. I've been wanting to eat there for years ever since a former co-worker mentioned it but we just don't visit that area often enough and when we do we usually just end up eating something else. My man had the Cheyenne Style Smothered Chicken Dinner and I had the Sizzlin' Steak Tips Dinner. We received complimentary chips and salsa, as well as toast with our meals. The portion sizes were decent and everything tasted wonderful. The prices were pretty reasonable as well, about average for a place such as this. It was a very nice atmosphere with nice decor. The service was also excellent, and I'm a stickler when it comes to service. Next time we visit the area, we'll definitely have to take our kids because I know they'd really enjoy it. 

Otherwise, I just kind of took it easy. I probably could have cleaned the house more, cooked more, and definitely could have gotten in a little more exercise than I did but I had the chance to relax and take it easy so I did. I wish I could have more weeks like this throughout the year. Anyway, I'm back at it today, feeling refreshed. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had some nice, relaxing time off. I will be doing that next week. I have some blog posts pre scheduled but I will be relaxing.

    ReplyDelete