Arno's Chocolates loves to support great causes. They donate to a number of organizations throughout the year, including "Tough Enough to Wear Pink" for breast cancer, Share Your Heart Ball, which raises money for Camp Rainbow Gold, a camp for children with cancer, local school fundraisers, Death By Chocolate, which is a huge rotary fundraiser in their community, and The Advocates Against Domestic Violence. They also contribute to Cancer Walks. In addition, they also contribute 5% of the proceeds of every morsel of chocolate they sell.
I was sent seven different flavors of Arno's Chocolates for review and below you'll find what I thought of each one.
- Roasted Almond with Sea Salt: There are literally crunchy almonds in every bite. You can see the sea salt on the bark and you can definitely taste it as well, which is a good contrast to the sweetness of the dark chocolate actually, and it gives it a nice crunch with every bite. I definitely wanted to savor the Roasted Almond with Sea Salt bark.
- Pretzel and Toffee: With every bite came toffee and/or pretzels, which gave it a very nice crunch, but it wasn't so hard that I couldn't easily tear a piece off and bite into it. The chocolate is very rich and creamy. It satisfies so much that I very easily could have eaten the entire Pretzel and Toffee bark in one setting.
- Salted Caramel Almond Crunch: This one is much like the Roasted Almond with Sea Salt except it's topped with caramel, which adds a nice sweetness to this bark. The caramel pieces add a nice extra crunch along with the sea salt but a little extra sweetness as well. The Salted Caramel Almond Crunch bark is definitely a nice treat.
- Ihara's Trail: This bark contains almonds, walnuts, pistachios, sea salt, as well as a secret blend of spices. This bark definitely has a spicy kick to it, which you notice right away just by opening the package. The Ihara's Trail bark was my least favorite because I prefer more of a sweet/salty combination rather than a sweet/spicy combination. However, it does have a very unique flavor that I've never tasted with chocolate before and there will be plenty of people who'd love the Ihara's Trail bark.
- Caramel Crunch with Sea Salt: This bark is much like the Salted Caramel Almond Crunch but within the almonds. I myself love almonds in my chocolate but not everyone does and some people cannot have things like nuts and seeds due to medical reasons so this makes the Caramel Crunch with Sea Salt bark perfect for them. They can still enjoy the sweet and salty combination but without the nuts.
- Sea Salt: Again, if you don't like nuts or cannot eat them for any reason, this is a great bark, allowing you to enjoy the sweet and salty combination without the nuts. And although I do like nuts, the Sea Salt bark is nice because the sea salt doesn't have to compete with any kind of extra added ingredients or toppings, allowing you to savor just the saltiness.
- Peppermint: The Peppermint bark is what started it all. Like Arno's other barks, the Peppermint bark is also made with premium dark chocolate but it is also topped with premium white chocolate and crushed hard candy peppermint pieces. This bark was probably my favorite. The white chocolate blends very nicely with the dark chocolate and the peppermint pieces add an amazing minty flavor. The Peppermint bark is definitely a nice treat.