Polar Fuji Apple In Glass Jar Review

While browsing the canned food aisle at Walmart yesterday, I ran across a brand that I had never heard of before, Polar, which is odd because they make fruits, vegetables, seafood, snacks, drinks, among other things. Either I haven't been paying attention all my life or the brand is fairly new or new to my area. Anyway, what initially caught my attention was these cute little glass jars sitting on the shelf. They were filled with fruits like Fuji apples, mandarin oranges, strawberries, mixed fruit, etc. in light syrup and they were only $1 each for a 10 ounce jar. I was trying not to spend too much money this particular shopping trip so I opted to just get myself one jar so I went with the Fuji apple as I normally don't see canned or jarred apples unless they are meant for baking. I figured I'd keep the jar after I ate them since it was so cute and use it for something else such as holding spare change, small office supplies, craft supplies, jewelry, etc.

I've eaten other brands of mixed fruit, peaches, pears, and mandarin oranges in light syrup before but never an apple. After trying the Polar Fuji Apple in the glass jar, I really didn't care much for it. I don't think it had anything to do with this particular brand, I just think that being in the light syrup, it took away from the taste and crispness of the apple as it was really kind of mushy and I love my apples nice and crisp. Actually, I like all my fruits to be on the crisper side, even my bananas. It's a consistency thing. Anyway, I got a cute jar out of the deal and maybe next time I'll try a different kind of  Polar fruit. The mandarin oranges looked really yummy and that's one fruit I don't mind eating mushy (well that and berries).

Disclosure:  I was not asked by Polar to write a review of this product. I found it while browsing the store, bought it, tried it, and wanted to share my opinion.

5 comments:

  1. I think if I eat an apple I would just like an apple, not a jarred apple.... unless it tasted like apple pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids live for mandarin oranges and they're SO expensive. I might give it a try, I don't think they can tell the difference with light syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm, my son and I have been on a canned fruit kick. I might have to try these though

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious, these apples aren't mushy. They're sweet but not too sweet, great for apple pancakes and quick breads, u pass the peeling and pitting stage! They seem to have all natural flavors anf hold up so well for an absorbent fruit to be resting in a jar of liquid. ( unlike peaches) also... I feel MUCH better about eating an apple from a jar of sugar water versus a bag of chips or cookies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These apples are delicious with what seems like all natural ingredients! They aren't mushy but hold up well for a fruit resting in a jar of sugar water. (Unlike peaches) These apples hold up better than a can of pears and are great for quick additives in homemade pancakes! love em :-)

    ReplyDelete