My Thoughts of The Taste on ABC

Influenster has selected me as one of their top Influenster and I've been invited to take part in their first-ever interactive Brand Challenge. I've been invited to watch The Taste on ABC on Tuesday 2/19 at 8|7c where everyone will be live-tweeting with the hashtag #TheTaste for a chance to win a ton of prizes like gift cards, specialty VoxBoxes, and something else so big it won't fit into a VoxBox. I'm very excited to have been asked to participate and since I've never watched The Taste, I figured I'd go online and watch the most recent episode, Dairing Pairings, so I'd know a little more about the show.

Basically, The Taste is a new cooking competition show on ABC that is literally all about taste. Sixteen competitors broken into four groups, from pro home chefs to home cooks, whip up dishes attempting to impress four of the world's most notable chefs, no-holds barred chef Anthony Bourdain, British food star Nigella Lawson, expert chef and author Ludo Lefebvre, and restauranteur Brian Malarkey. Bouardain, Lawson, Lefebvre, and Malarkey each coach a team of four competing cooks as they vie to create the best tasting dish. The catch is that all the dishes will be judged in a blind taste test from a single spoonful, which can catapult a contender to the top or send them packing. In each episode, the groups will face both a team and an individual challenge using a variety of culinary themes and at the end of each episode, the mentors will have to judge the competitor's dishes blind, with no knowledge of whose creation they're sampling, what they're eating, how it was prepared, or whom they could be eliminating.

In the episode Dairing Pairings, the dishes prepared had to be paired with wine. I'm not a food connoisseur by any means but I do love a good cooking show. I found The Taste to be a wonderful new show. What sets The Taste apart from similar cooking shows is that it's judged blindly so a mentor could potentially send one of their own team members home. I think the competitors learn so much more about what they are doing right and wrong this way. My favorite competitor is Khristianne from team Malarkey who on the episode Dairing Pairings made Khristianne's Duck Two Ways and you can find here recipe online. The last competitor standing will win $100,000 and a 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid. You can catch The Taste on ABC on Tuesday nights at 8|7c. You can follow The Taste on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TheTasteABC.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen The Taste. I am going to watch it and see how I like it.

    ReplyDelete