Not Your Typical 13-Year-Old's Playlist

So my mom bought my 13-year-old son his first iPod Touch for Christmas along with a $25 iTunes gift card, which he spent right away buying some of his favorite songs. I'm not surprised at all by the songs he chose to purchase but you might be surprised that a 13-year-old boy would even know some of these songs, let alone want them on his iPod. His newly created playlist includes Eye of the Tiger by Survivor, Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana, Don't Stop Believin' by Journey, Cum On Feel the Noize, La Bamba by Ritchie Valens, and Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash, June Carter, and Merle Kilgore. I'm sure in time he'll add some songs by his favorite group, The Beatles. Don't get me wrong, he added some songs from this decade too, including several by Enimen, Usher, and Linkin Park.

So what do you think of my son's playlist, impressive or what!?! What songs are or would be on your kids' iPods?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh... he likes the songs that I reall like too... You are right, not typical for a 13 year old.

    I grew up with Johnny Cash singing Burning Ring of Fire.

    ReplyDelete