ReUsies are reusable sandwich and snack bags. They are 100% cotton lined with leak-resistant nylon. They are easy to clean either by hand, in the dishwasher, or washer and dryer. ReUsies have the potential to eliminate hundreds of plastic bags. ReUsies come in two sizes and a variety of prints so they can be used by all the members of your household. ReUsies make it easy to pack, snack, and reuse.
Did You Know?
The EPA estimates 500 billion - one trillion plastic bags are used worldwide every year. A typical school/work lunch contains 3-4 plastic sandwich bags each day amounting to upwards of 1,000 each year for one person. These bags will all be around long after we are gone!
- Plastic bags make up over 10% of debris found on US Coastlines.
- Every plastic bag we use will be around for centuries, long after our children outgrow their lunchboxes.
- Each plastic bag takes over 1,000 years to break down. Plastic bags do not biodegrade, they photodegrade whereby over time they breakdown into smaller, more toxic petropolymers.
Less than 1% of plastic bags are recycled. It costs more to recycle a plastic bag than to produce a new one.
- By taxing plastic bags with a “plastax” many countries and some US cities are reducing consumption. Ireland has decreased their reliance on plastic bags by 90% after imposing these new taxes!
- Purchasing alternatives to plastic bags. Each ReUsies™ has the potential to eliminate hundreds of plastic bags.
I tried out ReUsies in both a snack size and sandwich size in the stylish Arabesque design. Before using for the first time, I threw them in the washer/dryer with my regular laundry. ReUsies are very easy to store and fit nicely in my "junk drawer" in the kitchen. They are perfect for the obvious things such as sandwiches and snacks for lunch but are also great for a number of other things. For instance, I put some hard candies in my snack size ReUsies bag to keep in my purse and/or my car to always have on hand. They will also be great to pack small items it while on vacation, such as medications, extra money, etc.