My Weekend Movie Rundown

This weekend we first watched Swinging with the Finkels, which we caught on the television. Swinging with the Finkels stars Martin Freeman, Mandy Moore, Jonathan Silverman, and Melissa George and is about a board couple who try to spice up their relationship by swinging and they ultimately find out whether or not the grass is truly greener on the other side. This was actually a pretty decent movie to watch. It was a nice romantic comedy. It is rated R for some language and sexual content but there's really only one scene that's too "sexual" in my opinion and I thought it was pretty funny myself. Despite the name, this movie isn't that much about the swinging lifestyle so I think anyone who likes romantic comedies would like this movie.

While browsing the new release DVD's at Wal-Mart this past weekend we found Touchback. We're big fans of football movies so we picked it up. Touchback stars Brian Presley, Kurt Russell, Melanie Lynskey, and Marc Blucas. Touchback is the story of Scott Murphy who is an Ohio high school football player who ends his promising career after he sustains an injury playing in the biggest game of his life. 15 years later, Scott receives the opportunity of a lifetime, the chance to go back and do it all over again. Besides the fact that some of the football players look like they're 35 (haha), Touchback was a pretty good sports movie. I loved that it was based in Ohio and the teams mentioned in the movie are actual teams that I hear about often. It was however somewhat of a predictable movie but that doesn't mean anything to me, sometimes those are the best ones. Touchback is rated PG-13 for some mature thematic element but I think it's a great family movie, especially if there are any football fans in the family. My 12-year-old son watched it with us and he really liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment