My Weekend Movie Rundown

This weekend we watched a couple of movies I had recorded on the DVR. First was What's Your Number? starring Anna Faris and Chris Evans. What's Your Number? is about a girl name Ally who realizes that she has been with too many men and still hasn't found her 'Prince Charming' so she decides to ask her neighbor Colin for help. After she sees one of her exes and realizes he has changed for the better and is doing really well for himself, she wants to try to rekindle a past relationship and make it work this time around. This was a great romantic comedy. Of course I pretty much could have guessed how it ended but it was great following Ally along her journey and watching her realize what and who truly made her happy. What's Your Number? is rated R for it's sexual content and language.

Next I finally got around to watching Black Swan which stars Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis. Black Swan is about Nina who is a ballerina in a NYC ballet company. She strives to be the perfect ballerina and living with her controlling mother does not help matters any. Nina replaces former prima ballerina for the company and gets the part of the Swan Queen in Swan Lake, the opening production for the new season. Nina has a competitor though. Lily wants nothing more than to take Nina's part and this brings out the dark side in Nina, which ultimately makes her a better dancer but at what cost. I can't say that I hated this movie but it just wasn't my cup of tea so to speak. I thought that some parts of this movie were quite disturbing and the ending really left me hanging. It was kind of a slow movie and in my opinion I thought it was as much about mental illness as it was about dancing. Black Swan is rated R for strong sexual content, disturbing violent images, langue, and some drug use.

What about you, what movies did you catch this past weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment