Shoplet Swingline EX10-05 Light-Duty Cross-Cut Shredder Review

Being a Gold Reviewer for Shoplet, I've had the opportunity to review many great office supplies but the Swingline EX10-05 Light-Duty Cross-Cut Shredder has been by far the best product I've reviewed so far. Working in an office for the past 10 years, I've had to use paper shredders from time to time but I've never had one for home use so needless to say I had a huge pile of unopened junk mail, old bill receipts, and other papers containing personal information that needed to be shredded. I put my new Swingline EX10-05 Light-Duty Cross-Cut Shredder to work right away and I was able to shred everything that I needed shredded and then was able to take it to the recycling bin without having to worry about any personal information being found. Unlike the paper shredder that I'm used to using at work, this cross shredder shredded the paper into very thin strips so even if someone was trying to look through my personal information, they wouldn't be able to put the pieces together.





The Swingline EX10-05 Light-Duty Cross-Cut Shredder has powerful blades that are strong enough to cut through CDs/DVDs, staples, paper clips, and credit cards. There are even specific slots that show you where to put in credit cards and CDs/DVDs. I love that the CDs/DVDs go into a separate smaller bin on the inside so they can be disposed of separately. This cross shredder can shred up to 10 sheets at once and can hold about 5 gallons of shredding before needing to be changed. Unlike most other paper shredders I've seen, there is a small see through window on the bin that lets you know when it's almost full. While this cross cross shredder is supposed to operate quietly, I found it to be a little loud, as did my step daughter who was trying to sleep in on Saturday morning while I was shredding away in the next room. While I did my shredding a little bit at a time over about a 24 hour period, there is a light that will light up if the shredder is being overused to let you know it needs a break to ensure you don't accidentally burn your shredder up.


Since having this cross shredder, I've been able to shred many years worth of old bills and bill receipts and other personal information I no longer need. All this stuff was in a bag just sitting on my living room floor and was such as eyesore and now that area looks more neat and organized and I love being organized. Now I don't have to let things like this pile up, I can just shred them as I need to. I like that if my papers happen to be stapled or paperclipped together that this shredder can handle that and will just shred them as well and I don't have to worry about it ruining the shredder. The shredder itself is relatively small and lightweight and can be moved easily at any time and this is a great thing since I'm constantly moving things around and organizing my work area. There is only one thing I would change about this shredder and that would be to make it quieter, other than that I absolutely love it.

The Swingline EX10-05 Light-Duty Cross-Cut Shredder and other paper and cross shredders such as Fellowes shredders can be found at Shoplet.com.

Disclosure:  Shoplet.com sent me a Swingline EX10-05 Light-Duty Cross-Cut Shredder in order to do this review but no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

  1. My shredder bit the dust.. I will head over and check this out. Thanks... Great review.

    ReplyDelete