My Weekend Movie Rundown

This past weekend was full of movies so check out the rundown of what I saw.

We rented The Sitter starring Jonah Hill at Redbox. The Sitter is about Noah, who is not your typical entertain-the-kids-no-matter-how-boring-it-is kind of sitter. He's reluctant to take a sitting gig but does it for his mom. He would rather be doing anything else so when he gets a booty call from his girlfriend while watching the neighbor's kids, he jumps at the chance but he has to take the kids along. Things begin to spin out of control but with the help of the kids and some new friends, things begin to turn around. While we knew this movie was a comedy and would probably be a bit silly, it was surprisingly much better than we were expecting. In addition to being funny, there were some surprisingly good lessons to be learned too. It's rate R for crude and sexual content, pervasive language, drug material and some violence, which is right up my alley (movie speaking) but it may not for everyone.

After waiting for over a year for it to be released in 3D, I was finally able to catch Titanic 3D at this cinema. This was my first 3D movie and while the 3D effects weren't as amazing as I was hoping, I just really wanted to be able to watch Titanic on the big screen since I missed my chance in 1997 when it played in the cinema the first time around. It's one of my favorite movies (and my son's too) so it was an awesome experience watching this movie on the big screen with my family and sharing a giant bag of hot, buttery, and salty popcorn, just the way we like it.

I was able to finish up Secrets of Eden, starring John Stamos, which I've had recorded on my DVR since around February. Secrets of Eden centers on Stephen Drew (Stamos), an adored small-town minister, and the murder-suicide of Alice and George Hayward, the town’s most beloved parishioners. Dark secrets begin to surface causing many to realize the Hayward's may not have been the perfect family everyone thought they were. This was a wonderful must see Lifetime movie that had me guessing the outcome, changing my mind, and then re-guessing but I really wasn't able to put all the pieces together until the very end. I loved that I wasn't able to guess every single event that was about to happen in this movie. This movie is all about the choices we make and how those choices affect not only us but those we love as well.

Finally was the romantic comedy Midnight in Paris starring Owen Wilson, which we caught on TV because we couldn't find anything else on. Midnight in Paris is about Gil, who is struggling to write his first novel, and his fiance Inez. He falls in love with the city and thinks they should move there after they get married but she doesn't share his romantic notions of the city or the idea that the 1920s was the golden age. During his midnight walks in Paris, Gil discovers what could be the ultimate source of inspiration for writing. To be honest we didn't really like this movie. For a romantic comedy it could have had a little more romance and a little more comedy in my opinion. It wasn't for us but that doesn't mean you wouldn't like it.

So, what about you? Have you seen any of these movies and what did you think about them or what good movies did you find yourself watching this past weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment