Three New Easy Dinner Ideas

At my house we tend to eat the same things over and over again for dinner and that gets boring quickly. Recently however I found three new recipes over at Kraft Foods that were quick and easy to make and were a big hit with everyone.

First we tried a Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie. I modified this recipe a little bit and used a tad bit more chicken and veggies and I also added two extra cans of soup. I do recommend cooking the frozen veggies first or using can veggies instead as the uncooked frozen veggies still seemed a bit tough. Otherwise this tasted great and my kids ate their veggies with no fuss.

Next we tried Layered Fiesta Casserole. This was probably our favorite of the three new recipes we tried. All the ingredients came together nicely for a great Mexican flavor. This recipe is low calorie and and is a good source of calcium and vitamins A and C. This casserole was great served with refried beans and sour cream.

The last recipe we tried was the Deep-Dish Pizza Casserole. I did modify this recipe a bit though and doubled the macaroni and cheese and used two cans of pizza sauce and I added in some pepperonis and olives as well. Basically any kind of topping you enjoy on pizza would be great in this casserole. Next time I may add in some mushrooms as well as an extra can of pizza sauce. This casserole was great served with mozzarella stuffed bread sticks.

I've found many other great recipes over at Kraft Foods that I'm excited to try like the Velveeta Cheesy Bacon Brunch Casserole. Most are quick and easy to make and look delicious, perfect for our busy lifestyles. Check some of them out and tell me if you've ever tried any of these recipes or which ones you think you might like to try.

1 comment:

  1. The cheesey chicken pot pie sounds really good. I will have to try it for my Hubs.

    https://twitter.com/#!/CandidaJourney/status/181728471645552641

    ReplyDelete