Numi Organic Tea Review

When I think of Shoplet I tend to think of things like office supplies so I was surprised to find out that they carried other products such as hot and cold beverages, snacks, etc. which only makes sense because most offices do have break rooms. Shoplet gave me the opportunity to try out an assorted box of Numi Organic Tea. I've never been much of a tea drinker as I just never really liked the taste of it but I thought I'd give Numi Tea a try, especially after reading a bit more about Numi.


Numi believes that a journey of imagination begins with a cup of tea and a quiet moment. Numi is a labor of love by a brother and sister. The sister paints the beautiful images that grace Numi's packaging, which are inspired by the photographs that her brother takes while he is traveling the world searching for organic, exotic teas and herbs. Numi is rooted in the principle of creating a healthful product that nurtures people and honors the planet. They strive to foster a healthy, thriving global community while bringing you the purest, best tasting organic tea and by using 100% recycled material made of a minimum of 85% post-consumer waste for packaging and biodegradable filter paper for tea bags. By doing this, Numi has helped to save 2,876 trees, which has won them the Responsible Packaging Award in 2010 from the Food Trade Sustainability Leadership Association (FTSLA), among many other awards.



The first flavor of Numi tea I tried was the Numi Jasmine Green Tea, which is a Fair Trade Certified organic green tea scented with organic Jasmine flowers. It smelled very pleasant, much like a Jasmine flower,  and I found this to be very relaxing. The Jasmine Green tea not only smelled much like a flower but it also had a very floral taste as well, which I thought was a little too overpowering and the taste lingered in my mouth afterwards. Not being an avid tea drinker, I may be being a bit unjust but I just didn't much care for this tea and I would much rather smell it than taste it.

The second flavor of Numi Tea I tried was the Numi Orange Spice Tea, which is made from a combination of cinnamon, organic orange peel, organic cloves, Fair Trade Certified organic white tea, organic hibiscus, organic allspice, organic ginger, organic lemongrass, organic Schizandra Berry, and organic dried lime. This tea had a very pleasant smell, much like having a banana/pumpkin/zucchini bread baking in the oven. It had a very nice, unique taste as well. It wasn't too overpowering but you could definitely taste the spices, which I thought was a very nice blend. This is a tea that I could definitely enjoy more often.

The third flavor of Numi Tea I tried was the Numi Chamomile Lemon Tea, which is made from Fair Trade Certified organic Chamomile and organic Lemon Myrtle. This tea had a very pleasant smell and a nice taste as well with a touch of lemon flavor that wasn't too little or too much but just right. This tea has a very relaxing effect and I would definitely try it again.

Overall, trying these three flavors of Numi Tea has helped me to realize that since I've never been much of a tea drinker that I have been missing out because some of them can be really good and they can have a relaxing element to them. I can't wait to try the other flavors of tea that Numi has to offer


Disclosure:  Shoplet.com provided me with free samples of Numi Tea to try for the purpose of doing this review; however, all opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment