Buffalo Wild Wings Battle of the Samplers


We've eaten at Buffalo Wild Wings many, many times because we love the food and the atmosphere. I occasionally order The Sampler, which includes nachos, onion rings, mozzarella sticks and boneless wings spun in your choice of favorite Buffalo Wild Wings sauce and it's served with marinara sauce, southwestern ranch dressing and choice of bleu cheese or ranch dressing. It's a ton of food and I can never finish it all at the restaurant but I've never been disappointed. The nachos are always loaded, the mozzarella sticks and onions rings always hot and fresh, and the boneless wings are always coated nicely with sauce and are of good size.

However, on my most recent visit to Buffalo Wild Wings I saw that they were also now offering a new sampler, the Tablegating Sampler, and I had to try it out. This sampler included traditional wings spun in choice of  favorite Buffalo Wild Wings sauce or dry seasoning, soft pretzels and queso, warm pita chips with spinach artichoke dip, and bacon and cheddar stuffed jalapeño pepper bites. This plate wasn't as full of food as The Sampler is but everything was hot and fresh just like expected. While I loved the pretzels and the bacon and cheddar stuffed jalapeño pepper bites, I really wasn't that crazy about anything else. I didn't care for the queso as it tasted a little watered down in my opinion. The spinach artichoke dip wasn't that bad but it kind of left an after taste, as did the pita chips. The traditional wings were coated well with sauce and had a great taste but you just don't get as much meat with the traditional wings as you do with the boneless wings so I was kind of disappointed in that regard.

The Tablegating Sampler was okay for a change but I think the next time I visit Buffalo Wild Wings I'm going to stick with the original sampler. Even though I'm pretty sure the Tablegating Sampler is much healthier, it just wasn't for me.

1 comment:

  1. We don't have a Buffalo Wild Wings anywhere near me. This is the first I have ever heard of it but this place sounds like something the Hubs would love.

    ReplyDelete