New to FOX - I Hate My Teenage Daughter

I Hate My Teenage Daughter is a new series premiering on FOX starting Wednesday November 30th at 9:30 p.m. EST. I Hate my Teenage Daughter is a multi-camera family comedy starring Jaime Pressly and Katie Finneran as single moms, best friends, and former nerds who fear their privileged and overly indulged daughters are turning out just like the mean girls who picked on them in high school. Annie (Pressly), who was raised in an ultra-strict, ├╝ber-religious household where she had little-to-no freedom, pretty much allows her daughter, Sophie (Kristi Lauren), to do whatever she wants. Annie's best friend Nikki (Finneran), once an unpopular, overweight social pariah, is now a pretty Southern belle who also allows her daughter, MacKenzie (Aisha Dee), to do as she pleases.

I was unsure of whether or not I'd like this type of comedy but after watching the below trailer recently I think I will definitely like it. As a step mother to a 14-year-old girl, I can totally relate to these mothers. I love that the dads are involved too, making this a comedy husbands and wives can enjoy together. You don't have to be a parent to enjoy this show though because at some point in our lives we've all had to deal with teenage girls in some way or another, whether we've had a bratty sister or was the victim of a mean girl at school. Check out the trailer too and let me know if you think this is something you'd be interested in watching.

1 comment: