Southern Magnolia Minerals Makeup Review

Southern Magnolia Minerals (SMM) is a family owned and operated mineral makeup company that started in 2001. SMM got it's name from the creator Barbara's love of the South and her love for the beautiful Magnolia Tree. SMM is proud that they are able to give you the chance to bring out your natural bare skin beauty without the high price tag of the national brands and fancy boutique labels. At SMM, they strive to help everyone to live, laugh, and love naturally by offering a unique, affordable, and luxurious cosmetic alternative to the national brands and infomercials. Their mineral makeup is 100% pure bare all-natural minerals designed to enhance your natural beauty. The makeup is free of preservatives, chemicals, dyes, oils, perfumes, and bismuth and work for every skin type and skin tone and will cover all kinds of imperfections and flaws such as dark circles, freckles, age spots, scars, acne, redness from rosacea, and other skin conditions. The SMM line includes Foundation, Eye Shadow, Blush, Bronzer, Finishing Veil, Rice Powder, Starter and Full Size Kits, Radiance, All-natural Skincare, and more. With natural sunscreen and anti-inflammatory properties, SMM makeup provides complete coverage while helping heal and soothe and is referred to as "Skin Care Makeup". Also, SMM products are cruelty-free and absolutely not tested on animals.

To find out more about Southern Magnolia Minerals, you can visit the SMM blog or you can connect with them on Facebook, Twitter, and/or YouTube. You can also sign up to receive their newsletter where new subscribers will receive 25% off their next order. You'll also receive exclusive offers, new product info, in-the-know diva beauty secrets, coupons, and much more.

Review
I received three different items for free from Southern Magnolia Minerals in order to do this review. The first item I received was the Organic Antioxidant Natural Liquid Foundation in Nude Beige. I'm not yet totally comfortable using powdered foundation so this is perfect for me. This natural liquid foundation is very lightweight on my face and looks very natural. It goes on very easily and just a small amount covers my entire face nicely. It does not dry out or irritate my very, very sensitive skin in any way whatsoever when wearing. It is also easy to remove with just a wash cloth, soap, and warm water.

The next item I received was the Multi-Use Mineral Powder in Goddess (bronze wheat). This is a new item for this fall. This multi-use mineral powder can be used as a bronzer, eyeshadow, liner, blush, and even on your lips. I've used it as an eyeshadow, a blush, and on my lips. It looked wonderful and I especially loved it on my lips and my eyes. It looked very subtle and natural as an eyeshadow, giving my eyes a nice look for fall. It looked absolutely stunning on my lips and really accentuated them, giving them a nice, unique hue which lasted most of the day. I didn't really like it used as a blush as I think it stood out a little too much for my skin tone but would look great on somebody a little darker complected than me.

The next item I received was the Kaolin White China Clay Sensitive Skin Mask which is very mild and cleanses skin and provides minerals that revitalize cells. The Kaolin clay draws out excess oil and pore clogging impurities, leaving skin smooth and soft. It helps stimulate circulation to the skin while gently exfoliating it. This can also be added to mineral makeup to help absorb oil and control shine. To make the skin mask, I simply mixed 1 teaspoon of the clay with around 1 teaspoon of water. It looked like skim milk and it didn't look like it would do a good job at covering my face but it did and as it dried I could feel my face drawing tighter. I sit back and read from one of my books while wearing this mask and after about 10 minutes or so it came off very easily with a wash cloth and warm water. This mask did not cause any reaction whatsoever and made my face feel cleansed and smooth afterwards.

 

Above are a few pictures of me before applying any makeup whatsoever and then after applying the the Organic Antioxidant Natural Liquid Foundation in Nude Beige and the Multi-Use Mineral Powder in Goddess (bronze wheat). You can see that the foundation still allows me to look natural but the multi-use powder adds that little extra touch to my eyes and lips to complete a nicer look. Overall I really loved the SMM products that I reviewed. In looking through the site, all of their products are relatively inexpensive, especially compared to some mineral makeup on the market today. I love when I can try something new such as the SMM products that make me look and feel good but also doesn't break me out or cause me to itch because they don't contain chemicals harmful to my sensitive skin.

19 comments:

  1. that really brightens up your entire face girl! I find mineral making easier to use, and am always glad for a product that's goo for sensitive skin. xxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow the foundation looks amazing. I could certainly use that with my uneven skin tone. It's nice that they make a liquid foundation. I have used powder mineral foundation and I always feel like it make my face look..well..powdery. I think I'd like to try the SMM's mineral foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you great this is some great makeup and great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great review and amazing product! Would love to try it myself too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow,,,you look fantastic!!! Mary @alongcamemary1

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful review! I am so pleased to discover Southern Magnolia Minerals Makeup through you and will now regularly check out their website. I will want some new makeup for the holidays, and would love to give their products a try. You look lovely with their makeup and that's enough for me to want to try it. Thank you for writing up such a thorough review.

    Joanna xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome review. It really does look very natural on you. Love the look on the lips.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice review makes me want to run out and try these products! Your lips in that picture look amazing and you look fantastic in all the pictures but I will say the after picture you look much more awake and bright love it! I like a lightweight foundation and I also have sensitive skin on my face. Some make-ups make me break out. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look very pretty! It is a natural look! Very fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would Love to give these a try, they really compliment your hair color well, your lips look so smooth & defined, and the face color not shinny at all, Love the review & you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm also fair skinned. I would love to try a new foundation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hadn't heard of this makeup brand before but I am really interested in trying it after reading your review! I love the way it looks on you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for letting me know about this line of products. I went to their website and found this: "We DO NOT import any product outside the USA. All products whether handmade by SMM or purchased by SMM is made in the USA only." which is a very good thing to me.

    I was looking around the site to find something saying they don't animal test, couldn't find it, though I might have missed it. If you have a dialogue with this company, could you please pass on my request that they make that information easily visible on their website? Thanks, because it is a determining factor in whether or not I purchase products.

    ReplyDelete
  14. SMM sounds AMAZING! What a difference! We are beautiful - but that make up really brings out your eyes!

    @Doodle741

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to agree with you, the Multi-Use Mineral Powder in Goddess (bronze wheat) looks fabulous on you LOOK at your lips - stunning. I will never thought of it can be use on lip but the usual eye shadow/blush.

    The Kaolin White China Clay Sensitive Skin Mask is really inexpensive & I'd like to try too (I too has sensitive oily skin)

    @benitozk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never heard of Southern Magnolia Minerals before - I'm so glad you did a review - 25% off is a really great way to start ordering. I am very impressed with how your skin looks. I don;t like foundation either yet the powder gives you the finished look as if you are wearing it . LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this makeup! It looks so natural and wears so well throughout the day. Today was 93 degrees in NW Louisiana, and I was riding the homecoming float with my fellow alumni. So many of the women had greasy, caky makeup from the heat but mine just "glowed" a little and I had a couple of people tell me how nice my skin looked and that I was lucky I did not have to wear makeup. My Southern Magnolia Minerals is my little secret I want to share with other women.

    ReplyDelete
  18. New follower! Love your blog and I love SMM!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whooo Hooooo.... look at you. You did a great job with the makeup.

    I love the fact that they are organic!! Going over to check them out right now.

    ReplyDelete