Allen Gregory Review


About the Show
ALLEN GREGORY is a new animated series that tells the story of one of the most pretentious 7-year-olds of our time. When he looks in the mirror, Allen Gregory De Longpre doesn't see a child. He sees a young man who is intelligent, sophisticated, worldly, artistic and romantic - characteristics he inherited from his doting father, Richard. The pair share an extraordinary father-son bond - a bond that is sometimes annoyingly interrupted by Richard's life partner, Jeremy, for whom Allen Gregory has minimal respect, if any at all. They live together in a stunning architectural loft, along with Julie, Allen Gregory's adopted Cambodian sister. Since his family has fallen on hard times, Allen Gregory is forced to face his greatest challenge -- attending Feldstein Elementary, a public school, to enter the 1st Grade. His mature ways make it hard for him to fit in and his struggle to adjust is not limited to his classmates. As Allen Gregory makes his rounds with the faculty, his first meeting with his much-older principal takes a special turn in the series premiere “Pilot” episode of ALLEN GREGORY airing Sunday, Oct. 30th at (8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. ALLEN GREGORY stars Jonah Hill as the voice of Allen Gregory.

My Thoughts
Even though ALLEN GREGORY is a series about a 7-year-old boy it is definitely not a show that 7 year old should be watching. It's vulgar, offensive, and a little naughty with a little bit of colorful language, just perfect for us adults who still like to watch cartoons. This series will not be every one's cup of tea but I enjoyed it. It was definitely funny though, along the lines of Family Guy, so if you like that series you'll like ALLEN GREGORY as well.

I don't try to shy my 11 and 14 year olds away from the topics of homosexuality and I don't mind that they hear vulgar language on TV as long as they don't use it themselves, and they know not to, so I'll let them watch this series if they want to as I think they'll get a good laugh from watching it. They are mature enough in my opinion to watch this series but I just take a different approach to parenting in this regard than others I guess. Otherwise, I think this show would be acceptable for mature teenagers and up.

I was given a free product or sample because I'm a Klout influencer. I was under no obligation to receive the sample or talk about this company. I get no additional benefits for talking about the product or company.

2 comments:

  1. Great Review!! I am going to have to check this show out on the 30th... Not sure if I will like it since I can't stand smart a- - ed kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really different. I might watch it just to see if for myself. I don't think I'd let my kids watch it but my oldest is only 9. Good review

    ReplyDelete