Shop to be Green Review

About Shop to be Green
ShoptobeGreen.com is a small family owned online green products retailer who sells organic, natural and sustainable products. You will find only the best green, high quality, and creatively made products at Shop to be Green. They prefer to carry products that are made out of recycled materials created in an environmentally friendly way. They also carry many products that are handmade by small family owned companies and one reason why they love small companies is because their products tend to be handmade at the time you place your order so there are no large warehouses of inventory sucking up energy. Their skin care products are made using natural and organic ingredients and their jewelry is made only from recycled metals. They will only carry antique or Canada mined diamonds so you can rest assured that it is not a conflict diamond. With more than 50% of their products made right here in the US, they are committed to increasing that percentage, and their policy on products from outside of the US is to find companies that help reduce waste. They look for companies with Fair Trade and fair labor policies. Shop to be Green re-uses or pre-cycles other retailers shipping materials prior to disposal so as to prevent these packing materials from ending up in landfills and they shred and use junk mail for packing material.

To learn more about Shop to be Green, you can connect with them on Twitter, Facebook, or YouTube. You can check out their blogs as well at http://www.shoptobegreen.blogspot.com/ or
http://www.shoptobegreen.wordpress.com/. You can also join their affiliate program where you can earn 15% commission on every sale generated from your link.

My Review
I received a pair of Olive Wine Bottle Glass Hoop Earrings and a bottle of Solay Simple Dish Soap free from Shop to be Green for the purposes of doing a review.

The Olive Wine Bottle Glass Hoop Earrings are very beautiful (and happen to be my favorite color). They measure approximately 1" around. Even though they are made from glass, they are lightweight and do not feel very heavy on my ears. I love the vintage look. I can wear them anywhere and with any outfit and still look great. Even more amazing though is "The Story of the Glass" which details what the glass was originally and the approximate age. The maker of these earrings was concerned about the environment and wildlife in the wooded habitat and rural farmland near her home so she decided to pick up the pieces of antique glass and turn them into something new and useful again. These earrings happen to be made from vintage 1960s and 1970s reclaimed wine bottles. How neat is that to know that these earrings were once a bottle of wine? It's fun to sit and think who might have been drinking from the bottle.

The Solay Simple Dish Soap is an all natural dish soap that is a healthy alternative to washing dishes without contaminants. It is made from purified water, coconut derived surfactant blend, and Himalayan salt. It is 100% free of petroleum based or other hazardous ingredients, SLS, fragrances, phosphates, animal by products, dyes and other common triggers for respiratory or skin irritations, which is great because I have asthma, as well as very sensitive skin. I had to be careful using this liquid dish soap because it came out kind of fast and I only needed a small amount to do my dishes, including pots, pans, and baking dishes. It suds up very well. It didn't have a scent to it. After doing my dishes, my hands were not dried out and it didn't cause any irritation or rash. It was even safe for my 11-year-old son to use as well when he did some dishes and it didn't irritate his eczema. It did a good job at getting my dishes clean.

30 comments:

  1. I think I would get the Original Fancy Design - Silver Fork Bracelet
    cleaningrhouse at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the thin silver bangle bracelet

    angiewith3 at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I'd buy some of the gypsy hoop earrings or green beauty products, so hard to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would get the natural play dough for my kids or the crayon rocks. thanks!
    jakellcth@ msn. com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have to get M the crayons, but I saw a few things that I would love to have. Maybe the glass ear rings they are super cute! @jmstamler

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I would buy some laundry soap and some natural dog shampoo--not very exciting, but I need those things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OLD FASHIONED LIQUID SOAP - SOUTHWEST CITRUS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would buy Natural Play Dough.

    frugalmommieof2 at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would get the SOFTEST SKIN EVER Gift Basket or the CITRUS LOVERS Gift Basket. They have some great products.
    Jody H

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Chocolate Sugar Body Polish" DEFIANTLY!! SOUNDS SCRUMPTIOUS. MY HANDS WILL LOVE IT! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh i might get the softest skin ever basket!!
    hancoci_s at msn dot com
    stacy h

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bugaway Soy Pure Candle
    amandahoffman35 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd buy jewelry for either my mother or my mother in law.
    kdent2@indy.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simple Multi Purpose Cleaner (32oz) or dish soap
    kendraco22 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would either buy the golden amber earrings or the dog shampoo! jessicapeeling@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I probably would get the Natural Play Dough. (olomon@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  17. natural crayons

    frugalmommieof2 at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. i think id might buy this http://www.shoptobegreen.com/recycledtirebasket-large.aspx scg00387 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd like to try Organic Green Tea Conditioner and maybe some of their toners as well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. id probably get the natural finger paints or the sandwich to placemat wraps

    ReplyDelete
  21. Maybe the The Recycle-Lite. It's pretty cool.
    jandplee at att.net

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would have loved the bath soak, but my bathtub does no hold water. So I would get the laundry soap toss up on scent tangerine or lavender. Also would get the southwest citrus old time liquid soap.

    millsose(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would like to get the softest skin ever gift basket for my wife :)

    kappasighacksaw(at)live(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  24. The Softest Skin Ever Giftpack!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Moroccan Tea Glass - Aqua Henna Candle
    Jadavis42@students.tntech.edu

    ReplyDelete
  26. i really like the Aqua Coke Bottle Glass Hoop Earrings

    ReplyDelete