My Flea Market Find

Yesterday while at a flea market I spotted this super cute lighthouse shelf and even though I didn't know where I was going to put it, I couldn't pass it up for only $18. When we brought it home we found the perfect place for it, coincidentally right under some lighthouse decor in a previously bare spot that we hadn't thought about at the time of purchasing it. It really added a great touch to an empty space and looks great. I decided to use it as a book shelf since I didn't have one. I'm so glad I didn't pass up this great flea market item.

Have you ever purchased something really great at a yard sale or flea market at a great price that really added a special touch to your home?

4 comments:

  1. What a great find, it looks great there! I love flea markets!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it, especially with your little life save wall decor. Nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I realized I didn't answer your question. Once I went to a garage sale and it was an older woman. She had tons of these beautiful colored glass pieces: pink, green, gold, blue. They were all gorgeous. I was a teenager at the time and only had a few bucks with me. I bought two pieces of the pink glass. A candy dish with a lid that I kept some of my most worn jewelry and a small pink bowl. They were gorgeous. Unfortunately they have broken since then. It was only a number of years later I found out it was actually depression glass and some of the pieces were worth money. I had bought them for less than $1 a piece. If I knew then what I knew now, I would have bought a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice that is.... I love flea markets... and garage sales.

    I found a Himilayan Salt lamp last week for $1. Those things sell for over $40.

    ReplyDelete