PlanetFlops vs. Feelgoodz Flip Flops

In the summer, I'm a flip flop person through and through. When I'm done with my work day, I put on my flip flops that that's what I wear the rest of the day. I wear them rain or shine all summer long. When I won a gift card last year from Chickdowntown I was happy to spend some of that money on a new pair of flip flops for the summer. I purchased a pair of FLOPS made by PlanetFlops, which Chickdowntown was carrying at the time. They were super soft and comfortable from the first time I put them on and still are today and I can walk in them all day long and they won't hurt my feet. The strap does not hurt my feet or toes, which is very important when wearing flip flops. FLOPS are made of natural rubber, as opposed to synthetic rubber, which comes from the rubber tree (Hevea Brasiliensis). The harvesting of natural rubber occurs by harmlessly "tapping" into the tree to remove a milky sap from the bark and this does not affect the health of the tree. FLOPS retail for only $24 and come in a dazzling array of colors, designs and styles. They also offer free shipping when you purchase 4 or more pairs.

This spring I heard of a new brand of flip flops from a company called Feelgoodz so I purchased a pair a few weeks ago. Feelgoodz flip flops retail for $25 but they offer a mystery pair for only $10, which is a great deal. Also, every purchase benefits Pencils of Promise. Feelgoodz also uses all-natural rubber, as opposed to EVA Foam, to ensure biodegradability in 4-5 years and they oversee the overall quality of life for their rubber farmers and flip flop manufacturers. However, I did not feel that the Feelgoodz flip flops made my feet feel as good as I thought they would. They were not as soft as I was hoping and the strap hurt my feet and between my toes when walking in them very long.

Both Feelgoodz and PlanetFlops care about the environmental impact of their products on our planet and they encourage you to recycle their flip flops when you are done with them. They both have great visions and great philosophies. I would recommend buying flip flops for this summer (or anytime) for the entire family from either company as they both do great things for the environment and even though I didn't think the Feelgoodz flip flops were that comfortable, you may think differently.

You can connect with Feelgoodz on Twitter or Facebook where they love doing giveaways. Let me know if you decide to purchase a pair from either company and let me know which company you purchased from and what you thought about their flip flops.

No comments:

Post a Comment