Medical Transcription Poem

I've been a medical transcriptionist for about 9-1/2 years now. I have had this poem for a long while, which was given to me by a co-worker. I found it going through some papers the other day and thought I'd share it with my readers. The author is unknown (at least to me anyway) and it's just titled - Thank you for the MT's.

In the middle of the night
Light from the monitor glows
Trying to get just one more done
Her fingers will never slow

She knows her work is important
Not to the supervisor or company or rest
But for the patient that is waiting
For the doctor to reveal stats from the test

for this she will give up her time
As she starts another, the noise around her fades
She can only hear the lone voice
For it is them that bade

Not seen by many others
Many things she must be
A translator, a typist, a dictionary
With little time to be free

Always there when needed
Knowing that she could save a life
She is the unsung hero
Always willing to work regardless of strife

To her we own the honors
For we know that she does her best
We give her respect and gratitude
For going above and beyond the rest.

1 comment: