Classic Children's Poetry: Where the Sidewalk Ends


Published in 1974, Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein is a book of children's poetry that most of us know because it has been popular for nearly four decades. This is probably one of the first poetry books I ever read and it sparked my love of poetry. I remember it being very popular with me and all my friends during our elementary school years. It was very hard to catch in at the school library because someone always seemed to have it checked out. I love that this is also a book that my own son is familiar with. Where the Sidewalk Ends 30th Anniversary Edition can be bought at many online retailers or bookstores near you so pick up a copy today and put it in a child's Easter basket this year and spark their love for poetry as well. Look for other great books by Shel Silverstein as well here and give to a child you know or give to someone to bring back a childhood memory.

Do you have any childhood memories of Where the Sidewalk Ends? If so please share.

1 comment:

  1. I loved Shel Silverstein's books when I was a kid. I remember this one and there was one...I think it was called A Light in the Attic. Often I've thought of getting these for my children because I know how much I enjoyed them. Very exciting that there's a 30th Anniversary edition.

    ReplyDelete