Remembering 9/11: Where Were You

Nine years ago today I was a senior in high school on my way to history class. I will always remember walking from one class to another hearing the other students talking about some terrible attack going on and seeing kids rush to the pay phone making frantic calls because their brother was in the Army and didn't know what was going to happen to him. When I walked into history class I saw on the TV that my teacher had playing that this terrible attack was what we now call 9/11. I sat in the front of the class that day and watched my teacher cry for the victims, cry for the families, and cry for all the chaos it would lead to, the chaos it still brings today 9 years later.

I think everyone remembers where they were that day when they heard the news and exactly what they were doing and stopped doing just to take it all in. I just wanted to remember everyone who was effected by this that day, the victims, the families, the heroes, the innocent.

Where were you this September day?

No comments:

Post a Comment