Melissa & Joey

Melissa & Joey is a new sitcom starring Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence which aired for the first time last night at 8 p.m. EST on ABC Family. I grew up watching both of them on shows such as Blossom, Clarissa Explains It All, Sabrina, the Teenage Witch,and Brotherly Love and movies such as Holiday in Handcuffs. It's great to see these two in a new sitcom, and together, and being the adults this time. The cast also includes Taylor Spreitler and Nick Robinson.

I really like this show so far after the two episodes that aired last night. My boyfriend even sit down with me and watched it and we both had a few laughs. I really like both Melissa and Joey and like I said, it's great to see them back on a sitcom. I'll continue to watch this show as long as it airs. I really miss TV sitcoms about family drama. While I like a good detective show or a show about having super powers, this sitcom is more about the everyday life of someone like me, dealing with kids and a job, etc. with a little more comedy than my own life so that makes it even more watchable.

In this sitcom, Melissa now has custody of her niece and nephew, played by Taylor Spreitler and Nick Robinson, and she's trying to juggle a job and her home, when Joey, who has recently split from his wife and is broke and about to lose everything, steps up to save her. I think it will be interesting to see where their relationship leads.

I give this show an A and I hope you will too. It airs on ABC Family Tuesday nights at 8/EST.

2 comments:

  1. It's the first time I heard of this show. I liked Melissa in Sabrina the Teenage Witch. I'll have to check out this show. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to check it out...I am a new follower, found you through the Coach Poppy Project and just planted a poppy for you!

    ReplyDelete