The Lovely Bones: Book Versus Movie

Last night I was finally able to watch the movie The Lovely Bones starring Mark Wahlberg and Saoirse Ronan based on the book The Lovely Bones written by Alice Sebold. After I saw the preview to this movie when it was first coming out I thought it looked great and then I found out that it was based on a book so of course I had to read it first. You always have to read the book first of course! : )

While it was a very good movie, I liked the book better, as most book lovers would agree when a book is made into a movie. In this case, there are several things in the book that are not mentioned in the movie and some things are changed around a slight bit. I won't go into detail in case you haven't read the book and/or watched the movie but it's really obvious.

All in all though I think anyone would like this movie and the book even better. It was a real page turner of a book and I finished it in no time.

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you. The book was so much better. I hate it when they change a few things from the book in the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so in the minority, but I liked the movie way better. I thought it was pretty good for a movie based on a book.

    ReplyDelete