Thursday, September 5, 2013

Extra-Large Ice Ball Silicone Double Mold Review

I've used ice cubes and crushed ice before to keep my drinks cold but never an ice sphere....until now. The Extra-Large Ice Ball Silicone Double Mold makes ice balls that are 2.2 inches in diameter. There are two BPA free silicone molds in each package. They are flexible yet durable. They are very easy to fill. All you do is connect them together and then fill the mold with water through a small hole in the top. After several hours of being in the freezer, the water is froze and you have jumbo ice balls. Because the mold is flexible, the ice is very easy to pop out of the mold and right into a glass. They are easy to clean and can even be cleaned in the dishwasher. Because less of their surface area is submerged in liquid, these ice balls take more time to melt than cubes, which means they go on chilling long after cubes would be gone. It also means that there's not so much melt water to dilute the taste of your beverage, which makes them ideal for whiskey, sangria, iced tea, juice, or any cold drink where flavor balance is essential.



I like to keep a glass of ice water in the refrigerator at all times and sip on it throughout the day. I was amazed that after 4 hours, my jumbo ice ball had still not completely melted. The above picture with an ice ball in a glass of water is after about an hour. I cannot drink milk unless it's super cold so I always have my milk with ice but sometimes with regular cubes if I don't drink my milk fast enough it gets watered down and doesn't taste so good anymore. But ice balls made with the Extra-Large Ice Ball Silicone Double Mold solves this dilemma. I can now drink ice cold milk at my own pace without it getting watered down. And ice balls are fun and functional. They can be used anytime or on special occasions such as parties, family gatherings, holidays, etc.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh.. those are big ice balls. That means they would last longer.

    ReplyDelete