Monday, August 27, 2012

My Weekend Movie Rundown

This weekend we checked out the movie Cyrus, which my son found on TV one day and recorded it on the DVR. Cyrus stars John C. Reilly, Jonah Hill, Marisa Tomei, and Catherine Keener. Cyrus is the story of a man name John whose social life has been at a standstill since his divorce 7 years prior. At the coaxing of his ex-wife Jamie, John agrees to join her and her fiancĂ© at a party where surprisingly he meets the woman of his dreams, Molly. Their relationship moves quickly but when John feels she is hiding something he decides to follow her home one day only to meet the other man in her life, Cyrus....her 21-year-old son. With both of them wanting Molly's love, it becomes a fight to the finish between John and Cyrus. 

I found this movie to be a little odd but I wouldn't say it was the worst movie I've seen, it's just not really the normal kind of movie I'm in to. It's definitely worth checking out though, especially because of the great cast. The next time I see an adult "Mommy's boy" though, I'll definitely have a name for him because I'll immediately think of Cyrus. Cyrus is rated R for language and some sexual material. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment