Monday, May 3, 2010

Frosted Banana Bars Recipe

*Picture not my own.*
I just wanted to share a recipe for Frosted Banana Bars that I made this weekend. I have made them once previously as well and both times they were a huge hit. These are great refrigerated and eaten cold.

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
Dash salt

FROSTING:
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 cups confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, bananas and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until blended.
  2. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
  3. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost bars and refrigerate.
Yield: 3 dozen.

5 comments:

  1. That looks really yummy! Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look yummy! I'll have to pass the recipe on to my mom, since I don't like bananas.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, thanks for linking up. I've got to bring some goodies to my church this weekend. This might do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom made these all growing up! They were my favorite :) So glad to see others enjoy them too!!

    Katie P
    Food, Wine, & Mod Podge -- Vinyl Giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love banana bread, and these look even more delicious! Thanks for linking up for Tasty Tuesday!! :)

    ReplyDelete